Dental Problems

Patients often seek advice from GPs regarding problems relating to their teeth such as: Abscesses, Jaw Swelling/Pain. 




In fact these problems must betreated by dentists, medical doctors are not qualified to treat and will in all cases refer patients on to the dentist; the only treatment they can provide isanalgesia. 




This is for your own safety asseemingly simple problems may hide more serious diseases. 


To avoid delay we recommend you approach the dentist directly. 




If you don't have a local dentist youcan obtain information regarding local provision by calling 111. 

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website