Patient Participation Group
About the PPG
At its simplest, patient participation refers to patients who wish to take a more active interest in developing local healthcare services.
The idea is for patients and staff to work together to share ideas to help patients to take more responsibility for their own health and help improve the services offered at the Practice. It gives patients a say in how services are planned, developed and evaluated, by developing a good working relationship with the practice staff and GPs.
The PPG will seek to improve communications through the practice website along with the use of notice boards and direct communications within the Practice e.g. articles in the patient newsletters.
More About What A PPG Can Try To Do
- Assist in communicating to patients how recent changes to NHS will affect services provided
- Let the practice staff know more about the level and standard of service they provide from a patient perspective
- Help the practice decide on overall service priorities
- Help patients understand more about their medical condition/problems including talks on individual topics, e.g. Diabetes and Heart Disease
- Provide information on help available and support groups and networks
- Help improve the experience of attending the Surgery
Who Will Be On The PPG?
Initially the group will be set up by Dr H Tattersfield and any patient who wishes to join the group will be welcome.
This is flexible and can be adapted as the group gets more established and needs emerge
What The PPG Is Not About
We will not deal with personal medical issues or individual patient complaints as there is already a well established procedure to deal with these
How Do Patients Communicate With The PPG?
- We have a dedicated practice vPPG email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) so you can contact us electronically about PPG matters
How Will I Get Feedback From The PPG?
- Information will be available in the waiting room at the surgery
- Information will be available on the practice website
- If you provide us with your email address and mobile telephone number we will add you to our contact list and we will contact you by email or SMS message.
So It's Up To You
The PPGs will only work well if patients communicate with us.
We already have ideas but we need your input
- Do you have something to say, but don't have the time to attend meetings?
- Do you have ideas about how to improve your local practice?
- Do you have ideas about how you would like to see services provided, changed or improved?
Then join our 'Virtual Patient Participation Group'
What is the Virtual Patient Participation Group?
This is a group which has been set up in response to patients that have said they would like to be involved in a Patient Group but are unable to attend meetings.
As a member of the Virtual Patient Participation Group we will send you emails asking for your opinion on a range of topics.
You decide how often and when you would like to answer.
Benefits of becoming a member
By doing this you will help the practice to provide an accessible and responsive service and you will be amongst the first to hear about news and updates.